We aim to inform, influence, inspire and tell the truth about what working in security is really like by providing stories from people in these roles throughout the world.
Knowledge is Power
Without knowledge on what is out there and what a job involves, how can one know they want to do it?
The testimonies provided within each role will give you a good perspective on what you would do on a day to day basis.
Finding the truth behind what a job in security really entails for those in Industry today
The stories you will hear will either make you want to pursue this type of role or to choose something else
You can do it too
Showing how people in security have made it in industry by sharing their career journey.
We have all come from different backgrounds and it is interesting to see the diversity in this industry.
The Security Job Profiles
Read and Learn
Be a part of this project and submit your profile today!
1. Get going
You can help by contributing to our portfolio of security job careers. You just need to answer 4 simple questions about your job and it takes only 5 minutes.
2. The Questions
It's about you!
1. What you like about your job?
2. How did you get into this role?
3. An example of what you do each day.
4. What would you say to others who are considering following the same career path? (Your Words of Wisdom!)
3. Choose an area
If yours is not there, then please inform us!
- security consultant
- IT security analyst
- IT security Managers
- security architect
- security advisors
- security policy makers
- project manager (of security projects)
- security operations managers
- security service delivery managers
- security awareness managers
- IAM security specialists
- firewall specialists
- ethical hackers and pen testers
- risk and compliance managers
- security information officers
- chief information security officers
- privacy officers
- security legal and regulatory compliance
- business continuity managers and specialists
- disaster recovery managers and specialists
- security officers
- security guards and physical security
- cyber security analysts and specialists
- programmers of security solutions
Please send your responses to email [email protected]
Let us know if you want your name, job title, company name included or whether you prefer to remain anonymous. Also, if you are open for others contacting you to request for mentoring or other opportunities
5. Pass on the word
The more entries the better
Let others know about this project and get them to participate. Tweet, Facebook, we don't mind! The more profiles we get the more informative and useful this project is.
A network of volunteers around the world helped put these profiles together. We want to show that anyone can pursue a career in security. There is something in security for everyone.
Thank you to all who have contributed to this project to date.
This Project was initiated by the Australian Women in Security Network who saw a need to inform others on the broad range of security careers one can take.